News & Events
KELT Monthly Photo Contest
KELT will be holding a monthly environmental themed photo contests to collect photography of the special places, animals, natural events, and people in nature of the lower Kennebec River!
The winning photographs will be used in a 2013 calendar and in KELT outreach materials. Please have photographs be representative of the month or season.
The submission rules:
1. Photographic entries should be submitted to Becky Kolak at email@example.com with the subject line “KELT Monthly Photo Contest” by the 5 pm on the 25th of the month. Late entries will not be accepted.
2. Please include the photographer’s name and contact information as well as the location of the picture in the entry email.
3. Submitted photos should be at least 900×720 pixels (0.6 MP) resolution, JPEG file format, and have the permission from the photographer to be submitted in the contest.
4. All entries will be displayed on KELT’s Facebook page and website.
5. The winner of the monthly contest will be contacted on the first of the subsequent month (i.e. for the March contest, entries are due on March 25th and the winning March photo will be announced on April 1st).
6. By entering images into the contest, you agree to give permission to the staff at the Kennebec Estuary Land Trust to use the submitted images for promotional materials including the 2013 KELT calendar.
June Contest Winner: Ron Gay with a photo from Thorne Head Preserve in Bath
May Contest Winner: Chris Cabot with a photo from Sewall Woods Preserve in Bath
April Contest Winner: Jon Manning with a photo from Bonyun Preserve on Westport Island
Back to News & Events