Click HERE to view KELT’s new Strategic Plan as a PDF. You can also contact the KELT office, 207-442-8400, to receive a copy by mail.
The new Strategic Plan embraces a mission to:
Conserve, restore and instill appreciation of the land and water resources of the Kennebec Estuary to benefit today’s communities and future generations.
It focuses KELT’s work around the following goals:
- Increase conserved lands in high priority areas throughout the Kennebec Estuary.
- Take care of KELT’s conserved lands and act as a steward of the greater land and water resources of the Estuary.
- Help people of all ages discover the wonders of the Kennebec Estuary and inspire the next generation of conservationists.
- Strengthen KELT’s reputation as the go-to organization for land conservation, restoration, water quality, environmental education and sustainability of the Estuary’s natural resources.
- Build financial and organizational capacity to meet the goals of the strategic plan and sustain the mission.
Guided by our new Strategic Plan, encouraged by the support and engagement of our community, and fueled by tremendous opportunities, our land trust is poised to accomplish greater conservation and restoration of the Estuary’s most valuable places.
The Strategic Plan was beautifully designed by KELT volunteer, Amy Kerr. Thank you!