This summer you can enjoy the outdoors, explore new trails and win prizes by participating in the Southern Midcoast Summer Trail Challenge!
Southern Midcoast Maine offers some fantastic local hiking opportunities, beaches, and beautiful scenery on the many trails managed by local towns and land trusts. Walking through the woods, bird watching, and enjoying the scenic beauty are great ways to spend summer days.
Harpswell Heritage Land Trust, Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust, Kennebec Estuary Land Trust, and Mid Coast Hospital are teaming up to present the 2017 Challenge. It is free and open to all ages. The more places you visit, the more chances you get to win.
How the Challenge Works
Pick up a Summer Trail Challenge card from one of the participating land trusts or at the Recreation Departments in Brunswick, Topsham, Harpswell or Bath OR download the card by clicking here.
Hike and explore between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Keep track of your visits. You don’t have to finish every hike to be eligible for the prize drawing.
Share your adventures on our Facebook page (optional).
Return the card, with your contact information, by Sept. 4, 2017 to Kennebec Estuary Land Trust, PO Box 1128, Bath, ME 04530 or by email to Becky at email@example.com.
Click here for a guide to all the trails included in the challenge: 2017 Summer Trail Challenge Guide.
The Southern Midcoast Summer Trail Challenge was made possible by funding from the Mid Coast Public Health Council through a partnership with Maine CDC.
Trails and Properties Included in the Challenge:
- Cliff Trail
- Curtis Farm Preserve
- Devil’s Back Trail
- Houghton Graves Park
- Long Reach Preserve
- Skolfield Shores Preserve
- Widgeon Cove Trail
Brunswick & Topsham:
- Crystal Spring Farm
- Chase Reserve
- Labyrinth in the Woods
- Bradley Pond Farm Preserve
- Cathance River Trail
- Androscoggin Brunswick-Topsham Riverwalk
- Town Landing Trail
Bath & West Bath:
- Thorne Head Preserve, Bath
- Lilly Pond Community Forest, Bath
- Green Point Trail, Green Point Preserve, West Bath
- Whiskeag Trail, Bath (North & South)
- Carl and Barbara Segerstrom Preserve at Squam Creek– Trail to open this summer…date TBA!
- The Southern Midcoast Summer Trail Challenge is free and open to all ages. Purchase of any product is not necessary to enter the contest or win.
- Please submit only one card per household. If more than one card per household is submitted, only the first entry to be received will be eligible.
- The challenge starts on Saturday, May 27 and ends on Monday, September 4, 2017. Entries submitted via e-mail need to be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, September 4, 2017. Entries submitted by mail must be postmarked no later than Monday, September 4, 2017.
- Entries that are received without any contact information on the card will be disqualified from the raffle drawing. Contact information is necessary for winner notification.
Southern Midcoast Summer Trail Challenge winners will be notified by Kennebec Estuary Land Trust by telephone and/or email. Winners must respond within one week. Failure to respond within one week will result in disqualification. An alternate winner for the drawing will be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries.